Find out if you need a white filling
- Can’t be seen when you smile
- Improve a tooth’s structure
- Enhance the colour of your teeth
- Stop a cavity from becoming worse
- A straightforward procedure.
White Fillings Are The Clear Winner For Many Patients
Over the last several decades, the materials used to restore teeth affected by decay have come a long way. White fillings, otherwise known as composites, are the preferred choice of many patients for regaining and maintaining a natural, strong smile.
How cavities affect your smile
Cavities can happen to anyone, even if you maintain a regular hygiene routine. When foods meet bacteria in our mouths, it leads to a chemical reaction that creates acid. This nasty acid can erode the outer part of your tooth’s surface, known as the enamel, and cause a cavity. As it progresses, it ushers in infection and additional decay that weakens the tooth and leads to pain and tooth loss. At first, you might not know you have a cavity due to a lack of symptoms. But as time goes on, the telltale signs will eventually strike. They include:
- Tooth surface staining
- Piercing toothache that arises suddenly
- Minor to significant pain when consuming hot, cold, or sweet drinks or foods
- Discomfort & pain when chewing.